Schooled 4.0 by Deena Bright

Book – Schooled 4.0
Author – Deena Bright
Publication Date – June, 2014
Genre – Romance
Type – Stand-Alone (4 books in 1)
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided Author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
When Ms. Bright first approached me to read and review this book…I looked back and remembered when Schooled first came out.  I added it to my TBR shelf and then took it off…then added it back again and then…yeah you guessed it…I took it off.

I kept flip flopping back and forth because I was stuck on the student/teacher thing too much. Well, the past few weeks have taught me that not ALL student/teacher books are taboo or bad. So I thought I would give it a whirl and let me tell you …. I was far from disappointed.

This book had me laughing and following right alongside the characters. I felt like they were all old friends and how much I loved Janelle, Briggs and Leo ß loved these guys!

Then as soon as I’m coming down off my high from those characters – we get another book and this one is about Jasper and Char…but not only that – then we get ANOTHER with Sarah….shit I felt like it was Christmas come early!

My Thoughts – Writing Style
I am so happy that I waited to read this all together and after Ms. Bright put it through some upgrades and enhancements. Not that I’m saying I would have liked it less…I just know right now that it can’t get much better than this.  She has this ability to tell a story without it seeming like a story. It’s more like she is enveloping you into the action and life.

Re-Cap
Now I know…you are saying – UGH another student/teacher story…but it’s not – Janelle is 29 years old and she picks up with Briggs and Leo who are past students of hers.

They are already out of school and about 23 years old. So this isn’t taboo…the age difference isn’t bad and looking past that she was their teacher a few years back…I see nothing wrong with this.  Plus Janelle really needs the ego boost after her husband doing some smashing of her self-esteem.  JERK.  Not only does she have 1 young guy vying for her attention…but 2 hunk a licious guys!

I think I’m gonna end there before I give away who she ends up with and what happens after.

The other 2 follow up stories are novellas and definitely worth reading…like I said…this is so much all wrapped up in one~~

Reason for Reading – Author Request