Unrestrained by Rhyll Biest

Genre –Romance
Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by the Author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

From the dark mind of Rhyll Biest comes a story about a Teutonic god, a guarded recluse, some dirty pictures, and the spark of curiosity that leads to a dangerous attraction.

When the reclusive Holly Unthanks finds some very naughty photos, both the star — a muscular Teutonic god with some serious ink and a knack for knots — and the way he’s tied his lady friend to his four-poster bed, make her more than a little curious. But to get to know the big, built stonemason better, she’ll have to overcome his vengeful ex and her own inhibitions — and pray that the walls she’s built around her guarded heart and dark secret remain safe from a man who has a way with stone.

My Thoughts - Story
I have to be honest and tell you that I did have a hard time with the language in this book.  I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn’t in the writing style of the US.  Trying to look past that, the thing that caught me with this is the inner psyche of Holly and the gentleness of Stein.

At first I had a hard time connecting with Holly until I understood the tragic past she lived through and how she was suffering from PTSD.

This is a very deep book, which brings the reader into an experience and journey through self-discovery and healing with the help of a German god.

I found it best if I read it slow and took in a little at a time – I had to keep taking breaks during the rehashing of traumatic events and the frustration I felt toward Holly when Stein would try to push her.

Re-Cap
I can’t really rehash this book without giving too much of it away – I’m just going to leave you with – two wounded souls who help each other overcome past hurts.  Sensual – Heart breaking and gives the “aww” factor!

Reason for Reading – Author Request
Story – 4 out of 5 Stars
Steam – 4 out of 5 Stars
Angst – 4 out of 5 Stars
Writing – 3.5 out of 5 Stars
Content Flow – 4 out of 5 Stars

Told In – Single POV

Heroine/Personality – Holly – fragile but full of sass – can be annoying at times

Hero/Personality – Stein – gentle giant and easy to fall in love with