Twisted Desire by Laura Dunaway

Genre –Suspense/Romance
Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 3.75 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by the Author for The GReat Buddy Read in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

She woke in the dark. The sharp surge and sway of her world the only hints she has of her surroundings.

Penelope Santoro is alone, trapped in an empty room of what could only be a boat in the middle of a rough ocean. With no recollection of how she got there, and no escape in sight, she's quickly losing hope that she will ever find her way home.

Tag Reynolds is detached. His life depends upon it. But when the beautiful daughter of one of his biggest rivals winds up in his care, his entire world shifts. Drawn to her innocence, he desperately fights the feelings he can't have...feelings that could destroy everything he's worked for.

Penny is nothing more than a pawn in a deadly game -- a game that Tag cannot afford to lose. Can he save her without compromising his position, or will they become victims of their twisted desire?

My Thoughts - Story
Going in, I knew this wasn’t as dark as mentioned earlier, so putting that aside – I did enjoy the story and OMG how I loved Tag…

It was suspenseful and held my attention while the author did a great job in attracting the reader, then holding the suspense while trying to figure out how the main characters were going to get out of their conundrum. It was pretty much predictable but Tag made up for all of it!

Re-Cap
Penny is kidnapped and is told it’s in retaliation against her father.  She is held captive on a yacht and Tag is put in charge of babysitting her. Not only so she won’t escape but to also make sure none of the other cartel members hurt her.

Penny and Tag start to get feelings for each other and figure out that not everything is as it seems…

Reason for Reading – Great Buddy Read