The Donor by Nikki Rae

Author – Nikki Rae

Publication Date – October 30, 2014
Genre –Paranormal - Romance
Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger – You tell me??
Rating – 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

Part One:

Casey Williams and her family are poor. Her parents work non-stop and so does she, just so they can keep the trailer roof from leaking.
They’re getting by fine enough when the headaches start. Then there’s the nosebleeds. And the inevitable doctor’s bills.
Fortunately for Casey, there’s MyTrueMatch.com: an exclusive, quick, and almost easy way to pay it all back before her parents even have to know.
All she has to do is give a man she’s never met whatever he wants from her body.
Inside or out.

Part Two:

When Casey joined MYTrueMatch.com, she never imagined she would meet a man who not only helps her pay the bills, but has been nothing but a gentleman.
As the nose bleeds make way for worse symptoms, Casey can’t help the feelings she has for Jonah, despite how he may never return them. And he’s been keeping things from her. Big things. How does he make his money, and who is that girl in the picture?
With the clock ticking, can she find the answers she’s looking for?

Part Three:

Casey may have not known what was in store for her when she met Jonah Black on MyTrueMatch.com, but now that she’s with him, life has become even more unexpected. She's discovered someone else in the picture and now she cannot figure out how she fits into the puzzle.
Convinced that he doesn’t need her, Casey is torn between giving up and doing whatever it takes to help her family. But Jonah, it turns out, needs her more than she knows.
Time is something neither of them have.
Can they hold each other together as the clock runs out?

My Thoughts - Story
Wow…just wow…I saw this listed on NetGalley last night and sent the synopsis over to Jahy to see if it would be something she thought I would like…and goddamn…I’m so happy she thought so.

I have to confess and say that I read a bunch of the reviews before I started so I kinda knew it was going to be a tearjerker and the gist of the story before I started.

So, I’m reading and automatically I’m hooked. This thing did a complete switch on me and I couldn’t believe how the author came up with the storyline.  I was amazed…and not only that – but she takes an original and unique story and (smack me if I’m wrong) she inserted a metaphorical story behind this.  It is the story of the octopus “Dolly” and the seahorses…I wish I could share with you all how each of these represent the characters and ….oh….shit….I love when I can find a hidden meaning in a story – UGH --- I so want to share with you…but I can’t. I know it will give away the story and even Jahy couldn’t figure it out (not like she’s good at that anyhow :-P)

Well we have a metaphorical story…and I have to add along with that…philosophical – the poetic and beautiful story of a selfless girl who meets a man who may be dead…but introduces her to life and how to live!

Did I cry?  No…I choked up a few times…but I think it was more from the beauty of the story – but I do have to admit while I didn’t cry while reading, when Jahy was reading and we were discussing…and thinking back on the story..I started all over again and the tears were fighting to come out.

The only problem I had with this story is that it was too short and  I was left wanting more…I wanted to know more – I didn’t want the last few pages to be rushed…I wanted to know more about our characters and their relationship.

I have to say that this author has an extreme talent with the pen (laptop). I’m still in awe over her use of the imagination and words….you have a new fan in me!

Re-Cap
I can’t say enough how beautiful this story is – how I fell in love with Jonah and Casey…each of these characters have their own weaknesses and strengths!

I can’t – I just can’t do this story justice trying to summarize it for you… so my recommendation to you is to grab this book and spend a few hours getting lost in this romance.  Even if you aren’t a paranormal fan…you will enjoy this book.  This isn’t your typical paranormal..it’s more of a backdrop if anything.

Pick this up and see what has me so flabbergasted!!

Reason for Reading – Purchased on own
Story – 5 out of 5 Stars
Steam –  N/A
Angst – 4 out of 5 Stars
Writing – 5 out of 5 Stars
Content Flow – 5 out of 5 Stars

Told In – Casey’s POV

Heroine/Personality – Casey/Strong, selfless and OMG how much I loved her!

Hero/Personality – Jonah/my dream man, perfect, sensitive and loving