Harvest Moon (Night Hunters #1) by Helena Shaw

Harvest Moon (Night Hunters Book 1) - Helena Shaw

Book – Harvest Moon (Night Hunters #1)

Author – Helena Shaw
Publication Date – November 13, 2014
Genre – Paranormal/Romance

Type – Part of Series
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

The exciting new paranormal romance series Night Hunters begins here!

She’s pretending to be someone she’s not.

For two years, Dawn Garrett has been on the run from some very bad people. The small town of Goosemont, nestled deeply in the Appalachian Mountains, seems like the perfect place for a young woman to disappear.

He isn’t who he says he is.

When Jase Byrnes is working a job, he needs to blend in, and he works alone. He knows what dark creatures lurk in the shadows and prowl in the night, and it’s his duty to hunt them.

Not all is right in the picturesque town of Goosemont. Hikers are going missing at an alarming rate and people are turning up dead. It isn’t bears or wolves that are hiding deep in the mountain, but a terrifying evil that Jase has come to hunt. It’s the same evil that has claimed the life of Dawn’s best friend and with Jase’s help, she is ready to fight back. Will Jase be able to finish the job? Or will his attraction to Dawn only put her in more danger?

My Thoughts - Story
What a pleasant twist to an overly flooded genre.  This book isn’t about soft or vampires/werewolves looking for love book.  This combines a mystery with the paranormal.

The only thing I would have changed with this book is the “bad guy” – it was too easy to figure out who dunnit.  I would have liked to see more suspects to make my brain think.

Besides that though…I loved the characters and the writing along with the plot of the story.

Jase is a hunter…not a romantic type – just a hunter and I found that really turned me on about him. I actually found this refreshing!

Re-Cap
Dawn is on the run from a troubled past and ended up in the town of Goosemont with a different name, colored hair and contacts.  She is comfortable finally and things are looking good until a series of missing girls and brutally murdered hikers start to happen.

Suddenly Dawn’s best friend has gone missing after being with a new male resident in the town and the big wigs are called in to solve these murders.  Things progress with Jase and Dawn and secrets start to unravel.

Reason for Reading – Author Request

Heroine/Personality – Dawn can be annoying at times but strong

Hero/Personality – Jase is the strong silent type

HEA (Spoiler) – yes

Would Read More from Author? Yes

Recommend To – Readers who are looking for a PNR with a mystery.