A Wedding at the Blue Moon Cafe by Cate Masters

Genre –Romance

Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

Never look back. Clarissa Hartman left her miserable life behind the day she graduated high school, the same day she turned 18. Driving for days, the road led her to Marfa, Texas. Right away, she knew she’d found home. Seven years later, she’s found her place in life plus the one thing she never expected to find: love. Dylan Wall’s everything she ran away from. So why can’t she stay away from him?

Never give up. Dylan Wall is at the top of his game. His PR firm’s sought out by brand name companies, but he’s so busy spinning everyone else’s reps, he doesn’t realize his personal life’s taken a downhill turn. Deep down, he knows that somewhere, the perfect someone is waiting for him. The woman who’ll accept him for who he is – if he’s ever able to reveal it. When he lands in Marfa for his best friend’s wedding, Clarissa’s sharp tongue puts everything in a different perspective. She draws out a side of himself hidden away for too long. She’s everything he wants, in the wrong package. So why does she feel like home?

In Marfa, appearances are deceptive. Discovering the truth beneath the surface is the first step toward finding yourself, and joy.

My Thoughts - Story
OMG…I fell in love with Clarissa and Dylan!!  I laughed and laughed with Dylan’s loose tongue and Clarissa’s cheeky humor.  This is definitely a book that I would categorize as a “fun read” along with a life lesson built in.

The writing was great and this book held my attention throughout almost 100% of it.

Re-Cap
What lessons do our characters learn?

Well, first off Dylan is all about money…he can’t figure out why his college friend gave up a lucrative career to live in a backwoods town doing labor running a café.  During his stay in Marfa…Dylan finds out what drew Dylan there and kept him.  He also finds love and peace.

Clarissa learns how to love and trust again.  She learns to open up and not flip flop around one night stands.

Reason for Reading – Author Request

Heroine/Personality – Clarissa – strong, cheeky and sassy

Hero/Personality – Dylan…changed from spoiled to swoon worthy

HEA (Spoiler) – yes

Would Read More from Author? Yes

Recommend To – Readers who are looking for a fun read!