Spark (Hailey Holloway #1) by KC Stewart

Spark - K.C. Stewart

Book – Spark (Hailey Holloway #1)

Author – KC Stewart
Publication Date – March 1, 2014
Genre – Paranormal/Romance

Type – Part of Series
Cliffhanger - Yes
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

Copywriter by day, nerd by night, Hailey Holloway is living the post college dream. Her life may not be flashy and exciting but it’s enough for her. After a late night at work, Hailey stumbles upon two dragons brawling in the middle of Philadelphia. In an act of kindness and lapse of sanity, she comforts the dragon who was left behind to die. In doing so she inadvertently invited the soul of Dacea into herself for safe keeping. Hailey just wants to live her life as simply and quietly as possible but with the voice of a disembodied dragon in her head, she has little hope of achieving her goal.

Dacea will do anything to be free of Hailey, a human who is moments from checking herself into a psychiatric ward. He is grateful to be alive, but at what cost to his sanity? The dragon world is in upheaval. Green is at war with Red, and he is of no use to anyone while stuck with Hailey.

The solution to their problem is not without its risks. But just how far will Hailey go to be free of the dragon?

My Thoughts - Story
Such a surprise…a book about dragons had me turning page after page…just anticipating the next turn of events.

Now, I did go through a fad with reading these type of books but it was quickly squashed and I was a bit afraid to try this one but now I’m so happy that I did.  I was able to finish the book before the day was through because if you ask anyone who peeked into my cubicle – I looked like I was in a trance staring at my computer screen and my index finger glued to the mouse spinning wheel.  I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the book.

The characters were amazing and the author did a spectacular job with developing them; Hailey especially with starting out as a stupid personality and growing into such an important part of the story.

The one thing I didn’t like about the story was how quickly events happened.  I believe it was too quick for Hailey to suddenly go from wanting Dak out of her body to wanting him to stay.  Besides that little quirk…I loved their banter and Hailey had me laughing on numerous occasions.

Re-Cap
Hailey has a what occupying her brain and body?  And she needs to do what?  And wait….what is after Hailey now?

You know what? I’m not going to answer those questions…you just have to pick up this book to find out on your own!

Reason for Reading – Author Request

Story Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Steam Rating – N/A

Angst Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Writing Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Content Flow Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Heroine/Personality – Hailey develops perfectly – witty humor and is on her toes

Hero/Personality – Dak is stuffy but loosens up with Hailey’s snark