The Hysterics by Kristen Hope Mazzola

Book – The Hysterics

Author – Kristen Hope Mazzola

Publication Date – January 29, 2015
Genre – New Adult Rocker Romance
Type – Stand-Alone…or maybe not!
Cliffhanger – No
Rating – 4.25 - 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

Once upon a time, I was Fallon Dunbar.

Rock and roll, drugs, and bad decisions were the life I lived.

I’d fallen so deep into the dark rabbit hole that I was certain I would never make it out alive. People like me didn’t get second chances. People like me didn’t get lifted from the darkness. So when the opportunity showed up, I had to take it.
I walked away from everything I loved, everything that was killing me, and I became Fae Dunham. After that, I hid behind makeup, long sleeves, and a closed-off heart.

All was well until I met Dane Pearson. He wasn’t convinced of the new me, and whenever he was near, I felt like the old me, the real me, filled with passion and a love for music. Every day was a struggle of self-discovery. Every day was a fight to not fall back down the rabbit hole. And every day, somehow, someway, I slowly began to discover what it meant to find myself.

It was a hysteric ride, but it was ours. And I wouldn’t change a thing.‚Äč

My Thoughts - Story
I am a big fan of Ms. Mazzola after reading her Crashing Series and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to read this one…it seemed like it belonged on the other end of the spectrum with rockers, drugs and angst…but I gave it a try.  And, damn, I am so happy that I did.

This was different – it took the Rocker genre and switched it up – it was the girl who was a famous star…a famous drummer who turned to drugs and alcohol and mindless sex.  It was perfect how Ms. Mazzola twisted the plot to write a story about a girl who changed her life around and found love in the process.  And who does she find this love with?  Another rocker who is on the ladder to success.  He teaches her how to be in the spotlight again without giving her true self up.

This was a happy read compared to the heart wrenching stories of Ms. Mazzola’s books I have read prior. I enjoyed reading about the struggles Fallon faced and how she kept her strength to find love.

Re-Cap
Fallon was a popular punk drummer until one night when drugs almost took her life.  Well, the rest of the world thinks she is dead but instead out of the ashes, Fae emerges – no more bands, no more drums and no more drugs.  Then she meets Dane – the drummer for The Hysterics and he just won’t take NO for an answer. He wants Fae and there is nothing he won’t do to have her, but is he right for her or just another trigger for Fallon’s past?

Reason for Reading – Author request

Heroine/Personality – Fallon/Fae – strong, independent and worrisome at times

Hero/Personality – Dane – not afraid to wear his heart on his sleeve
HEA (Spoiler) - [spoiler]Yes[/spoiler]
Would Read More from Author? DEFINITELY
Recommend To – anyone who loves romance with a sexy drummer and a story of strength and determination.