All the Rage by Courtney Summers

Genre – Young Adult/Abuse
Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger – No
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy generously provided by publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

The sheriff’s son, Kellan Turner, is not the golden boy everyone thinks he is, and Romy Grey knows that for a fact. Because no one wants to believe a girl from the wrong side of town, the truth about him has cost her everything—friends, family, and her community. Branded a liar and bullied relentlessly by a group of kids she used to hang out with, Romy’s only refuge is the diner where she works outside of town. No one knows her name or her past there; she can finally be anonymous. But when a girl with ties to both Romy and Kellan goes missing after a party, and news of him assaulting another girl in a town close by gets out, Romy must decide whether she wants to fight or carry the burden of knowing more girls could get hurt if she doesn’t speak up. Nobody believed her the first time—and they certainly won’t now — but the cost of her silence might be more than she can bear.

With a shocking conclusion and writing that will absolutely knock you out, All the Rage examines the shame and silence inflicted upon young women after an act of sexual violence, forcing us to ask ourselves: In a culture that refuses to protect its young girls, how can they survive?

My Thoughts - Story
This was such a tough book to get through because it was deep and it was brutal. I don’t know how many times I found my heart-rate skyrocketing and my anger building.  The one thing I hate in this world more than anything else are bullies.

My heart bled for Romy throughout this book and I connected with her – I couldn’t understand why she constantly put herself back out there for more torture.  I was pissed at the town, pissed at the teachers, pissed at everyone for not believing her and making her a product of ridicule and an outcast.

I wanted to take this poor girl and save her from all the cruelties she went through in this story.  But you know what…I live by: What comes around…goes around!

This book made me feel…they may not have been happy ones…but I felt just the same!

Re-Cap
Romy is constantly picked on – hurt – made to feel like an outcast because of saying the sheriff’s son raped her. No MEANS NO! Live through Romy’s eyes as she deals with old friends who want nothing more than to rid the world of her – live through her existence alone except for her job in the next town where no one knows her.

It isn’t until Romy’s ex best friend goes missing that everything comes to a head in this town and the truth just might set her free.

Reason for Reading – NetGalley Request

Told In – Single POV

Heroine/Personality – Romy – see above

HEA (Spoiler) – [spoiler]Sorry…can’t give this away[/spoiler]
Would Read More from Author? Maybe
Recommend To – anyone who wants to experience anger and frustration toward others.