Shattered (Stolen Breaths #2) by Pamela Sparkman

Shattered - Pamela Sparkman, Deanna Gohn

Book – Shattered (Stolen Breaths #2)

Author – Pamela Sparkman

Publication Date – October 14, 2014
Genre –Romance

Type – Companion Series
Cliffhanger – No
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

Close your eyes for a moment and picture this.
A gorgeous redhead walks into a bar.
No, wait, a wedding reception.
A gorgeous redhead walks into a wedding reception. Poised, polished and flawless - on the outside.
He's tall, dark, and handsome, exactly like a fairytale prince and he won't take no for an answer as he leads her to the dance floor.

But this will be no ordinary dance and theirs is no ordinary story. What begins as rhythmic steps on a dance floor fluidly and beautifully becomes the rhythm of two hearts meant to beat as one.

Until the music stops.

In a moment everything she's put behind her comes crashing down, threatening to destroy what his love has helped repair and rebuild.
Life throws punches and it hits hard when you least expect it.
What they learn is that sometimes, in order to be truly whole, you have to first be shattered to your very core.

My Thoughts - Story
Holy Hell how I loved Joe…he was the epitome of a perfect man in this story. He was funny, swoon worthy and oh so lovable. Out of this book – I found myself chuckling with all the corny jokes he came up with. There was one that will forever be burned into my brain that I have shared with all my close family and friends. Let’s just say that it has to do with seagulls.

This was a cute love story and such an easy and quick read. The characters are easy to relate to and developed nicely through the story. They didn’t frustrate me nor did they bore me – that along with the story line!

Being my first book by Ms. Sparkman, I was floored with how she relates a story in her writing. This wasn’t over the top nor full of steamy, hot sex. Instead, we are pulled into a sweet romance between a boy and girl that is served on a silver platter. That being said, I can’t wait to find out what happens in the next book between Hayden and Beth.

I have to shelf this as my “Aww sweet” book.

Re-Cap
This is the love story between Joe and Maggie – a long distance relationship that has its ups and downs. Brought together by Cooper and Lily’s wedding (read about their love story in Stolen Breaths). It wasn’t love at first sight, this is a friendship that blossoms over time. Maggie struggles with past demons and with the help of Joe their bond grows into a solid love.

Reason for Reading – Blog Tour

Heroine/Personality – Maggie – loved her, easy to relate with, down to earth

Hero/Personality – Joe – absolutely loved his personality and depth of love
HEA (Spoiler) - [spoiler]Yes[/spoiler]
Would Read More from Author? Yes
Recommend To – anyone who loves a developing relationship built from friendship