Redemption Lane by Rachel Blaufeld

Redemption Lane - Rachel Blaufeld

Book – Redemption Lane (Crossroads #1)

Author – Rachel Blaufeld

Publication Date – February 19, 2015
Genre –Romance/Addiction

Type – Companion Series
Cliffhanger – No
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

Sometimes the past bleeds into the future.

Bess, a wild party girl running from herself, literally falls victim to her demons when she collapses in the most unexpected of places.
Lane, a tightly wound, up-and-coming CEO who can’t seem to stop enabling his brother, doesn’t know what hit him when Bess falls at his feet and into his life.

It was a night she doesn’t remember, and one he can’t forget.

But rather than stay and help the needy college coed, Lane decides to teach his brother a long overdue lesson––a decision that later comes back to haunt him and only adds fury to the transgressions of his past he is already fleeing from.
Years later, Bess and Lane meet again. She doesn’t know him, and he doesn’t share that he knows what happened on that ill-fated night when she almost died. After all, he has a web of complicated lies from his own youth to protect.

Both are seeking salvation in the arms of others and ignoring the truth—that the only road to redemption lies in confronting your past.

When the past and present collide, is there any chance at redemption?

My Thoughts - Story
I originally rated this a 3.5 stars but then the more I thought about it…the more the story stayed with me and I just had to up the number of stars.

This isn’t a book that will grab you from the beginning, this is a book that grows on you – it slowly unfolds as we take a journey through one girl’s addictions and her struggle to hold on to her sobriety. Along with that she must learn to live and love – and make choices to benefit her future.

As I read this story…it touched a part of my personal life living with an alcoholic and children who are struggling every day to stay sober. NA meetings, sponsors and everyday obstacles are a part of my life. I put my daughter in Bess’ shoes and prayed that her life could mirror the heroine’s.

I think that is what grabbed me from the moment I picked up this book and I easily could relate with Bess. The book didn’t just center around her addiction but it was a big factor with everything else going on. Yes, there were times that the story got slow and I found myself skimming but overall it was a deep and meaningful read.

Re-Cap
Bess is a recovering addict who feels isolation and hard work keep her sober, until one day a stranger (to her) shows up in her life. This stranger is wealthy, drop dead gorgeous and has a secret. Bess is overcome with desire for him and vice versa but this isn’t a happy, easy go lucky relationship. Lane and Bess must deal with obstacles such as: past demons, sobriety, secrets, long distance, and lies. Not to mention a problem with a certain “ex” who can’t let Bess go.

Read about how these two learn to open up and let go of the past.

Reason for Reading – Blog Tour
Story – 4 out of 5 Stars
Steam –  3.75 out of 5 Stars
Angst – 4.25 out of 5 Stars
Writing – 4.25 out of 5 Stars
Content Flow – 3.5 out of 5 Stars

Told In – Dual POV

Heroine/Personality – Bess – very troubled but strong (could be frustrating at times)

Hero/Personality – Lane – frustrating by the secrets he bottles inside
HEA (Spoiler) - [spoiler]Yes[/spoiler]
Would Read More from Author? Yes
Recommend To – readers who love angst and real to life stories