Inappropriate (Bristol Island #2) by Elizabeth Finn

Inappropriate (Bristol Island Standalone Books Book 2) - Elizabeth Finn, Marci Clark

Book – Inappropriate (Bristol Island #2)

Author – Elizabeth Finn

Publication Date – February 22, 2015
Genre – Romance

Type – Companion Series
Cliffhanger – No
Rating –4.5 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

Cohen is a man apart on Bristol Island—an outcast loved by all but separated by his position within the community. Dylan is the newest resident in town, but she arrives with a dark secret and a desire to keep it buried.

But when burning attraction is thrown into the mix, his job and her secrets are quickly forgotten—that is until one impetuous decision renders a relationship off-limits, unethical, and utterly inappropriate.

Living next door to one another on the island’s isolated peninsula guarantees their paths will cross time and time again. With fate tempting Cohen to ignore his conscience and, for the first time in his life, gamble with the rules, will he risk everything for Dylan?

And what happens when Dylan’s past suddenly catches up to her? Will she find the strength to bare her soul to him? Or will she let her secrets take them both down?

Sometimes the inappropriate relationship is the most appropriate of them all.

My Thoughts - Story
So, when I first finished this book, I only gave it 4 out of 5 stars but the more I thought about it and let the shock factor sink in – I have now decided to up the ante to 4.5.  Not just because I got used to the “Inappropriateness” of it, but because of that – it was original – it was unique and it was memorable.

I still can’t stop thinking about what transpired between Dylan and Cohen – shit – this book really makes you think.

I absolutely loved this relationship…how they were immediately attracted to one another but one simple wrong decision makes going any further impossible.  How they decide to be friends but can’t stop the chemistry and the desire from overtaking their relationship. How the love they feel for each other is much more important than the past and anything else.

Ms. Finn does it time and time again, writing winners – making the reader feel what the characters do and the ability she has to develop her characters throughout the story is amazing! Never has she disappointed me in her story telling or her plots.

Re-Cap
Dylan is an erotica author who is running away from a mistake in her past. Cohen is her neighbor and the revered all American boy of the island.  These two instantly are attracted to one another but then Dylan makes a decision that can jeopardize Cohen’s career if they even so much as cross that friendship line.  Read how these two try their hardest to keep their relationship platonic and how secrets can come back and haunt them.

Reason for Reading – Author Request
Story – 5 out of 5 Stars
Steam –  4.5 out of 5 Stars
Angst – 4 out of 5 Stars
Writing – 4.5 out of 5 Stars
Content Flow – 4 out of 5 Stars

Told In – Dual POV

Heroine/Personality – Dylan – she stole my heart but had her moments of stupidity

Hero/Personality – Cohen – swoon-worthy but he pissed me off at times with his anger
HEA (Spoiler) – [spoiler]Yes[/spoiler]
Would Read More from Author? DEFINITELY
Recommend To – readers who like to read a maturing relationship with some blips along the way