The Hurricaine by RJ Prescott

The Hurricane - R.J. Prescott, Jenny Sims Editing 4 Indies, Louisa Maggio LM Cover Creations

Book – The Hurricane

Author – RJ Prescott
Publication Date – February 16, 2015
Genre – New Adult Romance

Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 4.25 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided for a Blog Tour in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

Emily McCarthy is living in fear of a dark and dangerous past. A gifted mathematician, she is little more than a hollow, broken shell, trying desperately to make ends meet long enough to finish her degree.

Through an unlikely friendship with the aging, cantankerous owner of an old boxing gym, Em is thrown into the path of the most dangerous man that she has ever met.

Cormac “the Hurricane” O’Connell is cut, tattooed and dangerous. He is a lethal weapon with no safety and everyone is waiting for the mis-fire. He’s never been knocked out before, but when he meet Em he falls, HARD. Unlike any other girl he’s ever met, she doesn’t want anything from him, but just being around her makes him want to be a better person.

They are polar opposites who were never meant to find each other, but some things are just worth the fight.

My Thoughts - Story
This was such a great story – I found myself wrapped up in it – how Emily fought her past demons to live a full life.  I fell in love with Con and his conviction to protect Em and have her as his. You don’t find many men like Con in his life and he almost resembled a fairy tale character in my mind.

If you like stories about: boxing, Irishmen, past abuse, comic relief – then this book is for you.  The character development is off the charts how the author portrayed Em coming out of her shell.  The more the author writes about Con, the more you will fall in love with him, but I found myself continually waiting for him to screw up the relationship and hurt Em.

Reason for Reading – Blog Tour

Story Rating – 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Steam Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Angst Rating – 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Writing Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Content Flow Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Told In Single POV (Em)

Heroine/Personality – Em is a scared, introvert at the beginning but her character shines through by the end

Heroine/Personality – Con is lovable, loyal, romantic and steadfast

HEA (Spoiler) –[spoiler]Yes[/spoiler]

Would Read More from Author? Yes

Recommend To – Anyone who loves to really get involved with a book and be transported into the story.