Shy Kinda Love by Deanna Eshler

Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger – No
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

When I was eleven, my best friend died in a car accident. When I was twelve, my mom walked out, leaving only a note to say goodbye. When I was eighteen, I was forced into witness protection.

My new name is Shyanne Adams. To protect myself, and painless existence, I do not live. I do not laugh. I do not love. For the last three years, the only meaningful thing I’ve done is care for the horse I rescued.

But now, at the age of twenty-one, the one person from both my past and present is pushing me to start living. Before I know it, I’m moving in with new friends who make me laugh. And next door is Kade Cross, the guy who wants me to love.

Kade knows that I will complicate his life, but he welcomes the challenge. He sees that I’m broken, but he doesn’t try to fix me. When he knows I’m trying to push him away, he braces for the impact.

What Kade doesn’t know is that I could have to relocate at any time. So I have to decide: is experiencing love for a short time worth the pain of losing it?
This New Adult Romance is an emotional journey through pain and healing as Shyanne decides to start living again, but never forgetting she could lose this life… just like her last one.

My Thoughts - Story
What a beautiful love story along with a story about a girl just breaking out of her shell of protection. Shy is put in such a bad predicament but with the help of a few friends she meets along the way – she is able to learn to live and eventually love.

Not only did the author do a great job at developing the main characters but she also was able to do the same with the secondary ones. I found it so easy to fall in love with all the characters and even though I did feel that some of the story was a bit unbelievable, it was easy to look past because of the author’s writing and storytelling.

Now, let me set you up for the last 25% of this book…hold on and get ready for such an emotional time…I sobbed and just when I was ready to breathe a sigh of relief…I was crying again!

Re-Cap
Shy has had such a shitty childhood but finally gets a break to get away from it all. Ryder is her savior and pushes her to get out of her shell and open up to new people and act like her 21 years of age. One night she connects with a pair of girls who envelop her in their lives in college. With hunky guys living across the hall and a nerdy boy who pushes Shy to open up – she finally lets go and lives and loves.

Only to have her life crash down around her again…questioning if it was all worth it.

Reason for Reading – Author Request/Promo Stars Tour
Story – 4.5 out of 5 Stars
Steam –  3.5 out of 5 Stars
Angst – 4.5 out of 5 Stars
Writing – 4 out of 5 Stars
Content Flow – 4 out of 5 Stars

Told In – Dual POV

Heroine/Personality – Shy – can be bitchy and annoying at times but she has her reasons

Hero/Personality – Kade – patient and swoon worthy but has a few moments I want to smack him upside his head
HEA (Spoiler) - [spoiler]Yes[/spoiler]
Would Read More from Author? Yes
Recommend To – readers who can get sucked into a story and want the many “feels”