Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden Trilogy #1) - Shay Savage

Otherwise Alone - Shay Savage

Book - Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden Trilogy #1)
Author - Shay Savage
Publication Date - December 15, 2012
Type - Part of Series
Genre - Romance, Erotica, Novella
Rating - 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis
Lieutenant Evan Arden sits in a shack in the middle of nowhere, waiting for orders that will send him back home - if he ever gets them. Other than his loyal Great Pyrenees, there's no one around to break up the monotony. The tedium is excruciating, but it is suddenly interrupted when a young woman stumbles up his path.

He has two choices - pick her off from a distance with his trusty sniper-rifle, or dare let her approach his cabin and enter his life.

Why not? It's been ages, and he is otherwise alone...

Review
I first saw this series not too long ago on Goodreads when friends were reading the 3rd book so curiosity got the better of me and I JUST HAD to find out what all the hype was about.

I'm not disappointed....HELL NO! This book, even though it was short, took me on a fantastic journey through the mind of a hit-man. I connected with him and the loneliness he was dealing with. I LOVED this book and couldn't wait to continue reading Evan's story.

Evan is all alone with his dog living in a shack in the middle of a desert. That is until he spots a girl stumbling around lost and he battles with himself on whether to kill her or save her. Since he has been alone for months, he decides to find out what her story is and then just let her go.

Evan finds out that Lia was dumped on the side of the road by her abusive fiance. He struggles with getting close to anyone because of his connections to the mafia but Lia chops through those shields until Evan opens up to her on the first night. They make love and instantly know there is more than just sex between them.

Evan wants Lia to stay but she must travel on to check in with her mother but before she leaves, she promises Evan that she will return.

Wrap Up
Yeah, I cried at the ending - my heart broke over and over again for both Evan and Lia ---- but I trudged on hoping that everything will be resolved in the next book.