Bedlam - B.A. Morton

Bedlam - B.A.  Morton

Book - Bedlam
Author - B. A. Morton
Publication Date - August 31, 2013
Type - Stand-Alone (Maybe a series?)
Genre - Dark Romance, Thriller, Horror

Rating - 5 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis
Love hurts. Obsession kills.

Joe loves Kit. Everyone thinks she’s dead. Joe knows she’s not.

If you lost the love of your life, how far would you go to get them back?

Detective Joe McNeil would do absolutely anything.

When Joe breathes life into a killer’s victim, he discovers what anything really means.

Nell will use whatever is necessary to ensure she survives, including Joe. Is she really a victim or merely the weapon being wielded by a much more cunning foe?

As Joe struggles between his love for missing Kit and his growing obsession with the enigmat

ic Nell, he plunges headlong into a spiral ling nightmare of kidnap, murder and betrayal. His relentless search for the truth jeopardizes his career, his sanity and his life.

But for Nell, the risk is even greater.

A haunting tale of obsessive love, ultimate sacrifice and deadly consequences.

"Bold ... Different ... Scary.

Review

WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO READ WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF NARCOTICS OR LSD

Please follow my advice and let this book seep into your mind and imagination before trying to get the overall feeling of the story. There are so many puzzles to this book that your brain is going to need time to digest it all and make sense of it.

I don't think I have EVER read a book that fucked with your mind as much as this one did. I wanted so many times to give up ---- LITERALLY my brain hurt and I couldn't make heads or tails of what the fuck was going on! I persisted though and HOLY FUCK I am so ever happy that I did.

WARNING: DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS BOOK UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL THE CORRECT ANSWERS.

I hated this book - yes, people....I HATED IT - I HATED IT so much that I ended up LOVING IT!!

Why you ask?

I had to take a Xanax to get my anxiety levels down before going to bed.

WARNING: IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND.

I have to tell you that Jahy (my buddy on GR) recommended this book to me and during the first 50% of the book, I kept wondering why the hell she rated it a "5 Star" book.....even up to about 75% I was enjoying the story line but I still so confused - it wasn't until I got to the last 5% of the book that things started to snap into place and the anxiety level increased a hundred fold.

WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RATE THIS BOOK UNTIL AT LEAST 24 HOURS AFTER READING.

It wasn't until I shut my e-reader down, signed on GR, messaged Jahy, conversed over the scenarios with her and got the answers that I was searching for that I was able to take a deep breath and put everything into perspective.

WARNING: BEST READ WITH FRIENDS OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS ALREADY READ THE BOOK AND REFUSES TO GIVE OUT SPOILERS.

I compare this book to a "fine silken spider's web" This book is full of deceit, lies, mystery, and so much more that pull the story in so many different ways that when it reaches its climax, the story finally interconnects to produce a masterpiece.

I can't think of any pictures I can use without giving the story/spoilers away - I can't think of any summary I can type without giving any spoilers away - so I'm going to leave you with this......

WARNING:  READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wrap Up
Total MIND FUCK of a book.....keep guessing and guessing but you will NEVER figure it out!

When you get the answers - you will shake your head, smack your palm against your forehead and say to yourself, "Now why didn't I think of that?"