Layers (Stark #1) - Sigal Ehrlich

Layers - Sigal Ehrlich

Book – Layers (Stark #1)

Author – Sigal Ehrlich

Publication Date – October 10, 2013

Type – Part of Series (Cliffhanger)

Genre – Romance

Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

According to Hayley love is a subject of ridicule, a myth created by hopeless romantics.

When Hayley makes a resolution to declare her loose lifestyle era R.I.P, it’s all good in theory…

That is until she meets Daniel Stark, a well-respected, mid-thirties business man who is known for his short temper, lack of steady relationships as well as his strict preserve of his private life.

Opinionated, sharp tongued Hayley accidently steps into his office leaving Daniel resolved to put Hayley in her place and have her in his bed.

Both Hayley and Daniel can’t avoid the immediate instigation of the attraction between them.

In a unanimously agreed upon verdict by Hayley and her two best friends, Ian the gay self-absorbed, aspiring model and Natasha the witty, borderline neurotic soul mate, Daniel Stark is to be Hayley’s pure physical attraction, emotions aside era closure.

Will it indeed be a closure, or a beginning to something neither Hayley nor Daniel ever bargained for…

Review

I had to read this book because of being part of the tour for Stark #2 and it was a good book.  I thoroughly enjoyed the author’s writing style and how her descriptions were crisp and clear.  It was easy for me to picture everything going on in my head as the story progressed.

I believe the problem I had with the story only being “good” and not “great” is that at the same time I was reading another book that the plot and premise were almost 90% the same.  If I had to choose between the two books, it would definitely be this one – hands down but by reading both at the same time…did me in.

The sex scenes were smokin’ – the fights were incredible and the banter with smart ass comments were to die for!  I love Hayley and Daniel together….except for one little pet peeve I have about something…..it bothered me a bit when Hayley would think in her mind and call him “D”.  That kinda irked me.

Re-Cap

Hayley loses a bet and gets roped into going to an interview with company tour at the great Stark Industries.  While there, she breaks from the crowd to get a cup of coffee and gets caught by a hot guy in jeans.  They chit-chat while Hayley starts dissing “Mr. Stark” – unbeknownst to her that she really is speaking with Daniel Stark.

Once Daniel sees Hayley, he knows he has to have her and the banter starts.  He loves that Hayley gives it back to him and doesn’t hold back her opinions or sharp tongue.  There is a problem though….Daniel doesn’t do relationships because of trust issues and Hayley has never done relationships in the past.

So you can just imagine the problems these two face when bodies and minds collide.  They end up both addicted to each other and can’t seem to get enough in and out of the bed.

But what is any good book in need of?  Drama….angst….and yes folks – we have that here.  By the last quarter of the book – we have enough angst to choke a cow!  But what’s in store for Book #2?  I’m with you….I have no freakin’ clue!

Wrap Up

I’m happy I read the beginning of this series and can’t wait to start the second book, and I promise this time to read this book by itself.  Maybe we will have a “5 Star” with the next one!!

About the Author

By teen age, Sigal already lived in three different continents where she was lucky enough to experience and visit varied places, meet unique people, which only helped fuel her overly developed imagination. Currently, Sigal calls Estonia home where she lives with her husband and three kids.

Not exactly sure where they will end up next…

When she is not hiding in her office, writing, she enjoys music, reading and taking care of her little clan.

With a great believe in "don’t wait for things to happen - make them happen," she enjoys anything exciting life has to offer.

Author Links