Deadly Seduction (The Rough Riders #1) - Selene Chardou

Deadly Seduction (A Rough Riders MC Novel) (The Rough Riders Series) (Volume 1) - Selene Chardou

Book – Deadly Seduction (The Rough Riders #1)

Author – Selene Chardou

Publication Date – December 23, 2013

Type – No Cliffhanger Series

Genre – Romance/MC

Rating – 3 out of 5 Stars

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

Welcome to Northern Nevada. The scenery is idyllic, the people are friendly and three Motorcycle Clubs rule the tri-city area between Reno, Carson City, and Lake Tahoe with an iron fist.

Gisela wasn’t introduced to the thug life, she was born into it. The daughter of an American gangster, her life has been carefully orchestrated with private education, a law degree and now a respectable law firm.

Cillian is not an average criminal; he was brought up in the Lucifer’s Saints MC and is now V.P. of a powerful criminal enterprise. He’s a survivor and luck has always been on his side until he’s charged with the murder of an undercover Fed.

An unconventional love story, unfinished business between these two passionate people—physical, emotional and professional—will spark a fuse that will leave a path of death and destruction in its wake.

Review

I have to be honest and say that I did have a hard time originally getting into this book.  There were so many names and so much information I had to understand before I could get into the meat of the story.

I was ready to put it down, but I kept hoping it would turn around and sure enough it did.  Once I understood who was who, I was able to focus on the main characters of the story.

I think though if the story was focused more on Gisela and Cillian and rebuilding their past relationship, this book would have grabbed readers from the very beginning.  Their past love and the work they had to do in order to get them back to where they were before was both heartbreaking and joyful at the same time.

Re-Cap

Gisela is now a high paid lawyer who manly deals with the criminals from the MC clubs in Nevada.  She has had a past with Cillian and it comes to pass that Gisela must represent Cillian in court.  The sparks fly as soon as these two are in the same room, but the hurt is still there for Gisela and she must make a decision what type of lifestyle she wants to lead.  Can she let go of the past and forgive Cillian all the way up the present when she first sees him again coming out of her neighbor’s apartment.  And he wasn’t there just to borrow a cup of sugar.

Wrap Up

Follow their journey from re-kindling their lost love to Cillians scrape from spending the rest of his life in jail for killing a Federal Agent.