A Woman Gone Mad - Kimber S. Dawn

Type – Stand Alone

Genre – Romance

Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

Forget everything you know about fairytales. There comes a point in a woman's life when she realizes not everyone gets a happy ending.

And no one knows this better than Lillian Shaw.

The safety of a small southern upbringing and a happy normal family couldn't keep life from chipping away at her.

And nothing leaves its mark like the bite of a broken heart.

Blow after blow, Lillian tries to stay optimistic, but when faced with a choice that could destroy her future, she gives in to the temptation.

When your first true love comes crashing into your happily ever after, you're supposed to walk away. Not fall back in love.

But saying no to Leo was something Lillian could never do...

Once lines are crossed is there any going back?

Or is the risk that Lillian Shaw takes going to leave her broken again...

And this time be enough to make her A Woman Gone Mad?

***Warning: This is not a shy and tender fairytale love story. It's a raw, tragic, and gritty story inspired by true events. This book is not for the faint of heart, it contains graphic language, sex, violence, and drug use. MATURE Audiences Only. Not intended for young adult readers.***

Review

A very emotionally draining book – this had me unable to function for hours after finishing. There were so many times while reading, I kept thinking to myself “Damn, is she writing about me?”  It was so easy to connect with Lillian and the journey she made through life just to continually get burned and fall deeper into a state of depression.  I’ve been there, you’ve been there….we all have been there.  I think that is the main reason for this book sucking me in to a point where I just couldn’t stop.

I yelled at Lillian….I tried to give her advice….I tried to shut Lilith up and bring back Lilly; the only thing wanting was happiness for this poor girl.  She didn’t listen to me, hence the deeper depression she fell in to until suddenly enough was enough.

Why did I start out with 4 ½ stars and lower it to 4?  There were questions left unanswered that plagued me for days – I wanted to know more detail into her mental state, or what the hell was the reason behind Michael’s break-up?

There is also the reason of stretching over the top of believability – it was the reasoning of Leo’s disappearance from Lillian’s life when she was a teenager.  I can’t go into detail without giving away a major spoiler to the story.  But if you have read the book – you will know exactly where I’m coming from.

Re-Cap

This is the hard part because I don’t want to reveal too much of the story in case of giving away too many spoilers.

I think I will try this…..We start sometime in the present with Lillian battling voices in head and plummeting further into oblivion. We wonder what the hell happened to this woman to bring her to this state of mental incapacity.

Switch now to past – and we follow the happiness of Lillian as she meets her first true love (or so she thinks) only to have her heart smashed.  Just as she starts to make a recovery from heart break she meets another questionable guy who has the capacity of totally annihilating her reason for living.  She falls and falls fast – only to end up alone again.

We continue to travel down Lillian’s road to depression where she battles extreme joy, painful memories, isolation and so many other emotions that would have me reaching for the first bottle of pills to drown out the “white noise” of life.

What will happen in the end?  Who will Lillian end up with or will she even be victorious in her struggle for sanity?

Wrap Up

Gripping, powerful book that will have you reaching for the tissues to dry those teary eyes, and if you have ever suffered from depression brought on by one debilitating consequence after another, then this book will stun you!