Kiss the Sky - Krista Ritchie, Becca Ritchie

Kiss the Sky - 'Krista Ritchie',  'Becca Ritchie'

Book – Kiss the Sky

Author – Krista Ritchie, Becca Ritchie

Publication Date – January 24, 2014

Type – Offshoot of Addicted Series

Genre –Romance, New Adult

Rating – 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author (Release Blitz) in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

Virgin. Sex addict. Daredevil. Alcoholic. Smartass … Jackass. Her five friends are about to be filmed. Reality TV, be prepared.

Rose Calloway thought she had everything under control. At twenty-three, she’s a Princeton graduate, an Academic Bowl champion, a fashion designer and the daughter of a Fortune 500 mogul. But with a sex addict as a sister and roommate, nothing comes easy.

After accepting help from a producer, Rose agrees to have her life filmed for a reality television show. The Hollywood exec is her last chance to revive her struggling fashion line, and boundaries begin to blur as she’s forced to make nice with a man who always has his way.

Twenty-four-year-old Connor Cobalt is a guy who bulldozes weak men. He’s confident, smart-as-hell and lives with his equally ambitious girlfriend, Rose Calloway. Connor has to find a way to protect Rose without ruining the show. Or else the producer will get what Connor has always wanted—Rose’s virginity.

This New Adult Standalone Romance can be described as Friends meets The Real World. Expect fist fights, drugs, sex of varying degrees, crude humor and competitive alpha males. Definitely for mature readers audiences only.

Review

Wow…you know what?  I haven’t read a book yet about a reality show mixed in with a “New-Adult Romance”….huh….go figure!  I’m not counting EIT because that falls under Paranormal so I’m amazed, this storyline hasn’t been done to death….or maybe I’m just living with my head in the sand.

So, I am the minority in this ARC read – I haven’t read the other books in this series.  I haven’t already been introduced to the major characters and this was the first chance I had to meet and greet and get to know their own individual personalities in the story.  You know what?  I think I liked it better this way, especially since I have been reading other reviews and seeing the complaints about the personalities not exactly matching up from the prior stories.  Instead, I had virgin eyes (that hasn’t happened in eons).

I absolutely loved this story except……I know, I know….I always have that “except” in my reviews.  I’m sorry but if you want an honest review….sit back and read.  The only quirks I had was minimal compared to the overall affect of the book in my heart.

I guess the easiest way to do this is by a list. (if you know me well enough, you know I’m anal about my lists).  Sorry, I’m going to have to SPOILER this!

• After so long of keeping her virginity intact – Rose gave it up too easily and without any hesitation knowing that Connor still didn’t believe in love.
  • Scott had me scratching my head on why he gave up on Rose so quickly – if he was that infatuated with her, why not play harder ball? Why not be a bigger obstacle to Connor?
  • The last 20% went too quickly and wrapped everything up too neatly.
    • Connor’s mom has this “hallelujah - come to Jesus” moment and Connor smacks himself in the head and realizes he’s in love?
    • She dies so quickly and without any remorse so that Connor can take over the company.
    • The sex tapes turn into a profitable and positive factor in Connor and Rose’s life.
    • The engagement and wedding – all in one day.
(show spoiler)

It just seemed a bit too unbelievable that everything could tie up together so nicely and so quickly.

Now….putting that aside, I ate this book up like a box of chocolate chip cookies!  I swore at Scott…..I shook my head in embarrassment at Daisy…..I cheered on Ryke and Lo and I fell in love with Rose.  Connor on the other hand had me swooning and then hating.  It was an “on again – off again” type of love/hate relationship between Connor and I.

Re-Cap

I think I went a tad bit hog-wild in the review so I’m going to keep the re-cap short.  How’s about some cliffy notes (oh wait….my age is showing) what do you “young-uns” call it now?  Sparky something?

1. Rose needs to save her company
  2. Rose signs a contract to be in a reality show
  3. Connor and Rose have been together for a year
  4. Rose is a virgin and teeters on whether to give it up.
  5. Rose thinks if she gives it up, Connor will have conquered her and move on.
  6. Lily and Lo are the cute couple who can’t keep their hands off each other.
  7. Daisy can’t be only 17 with the shit she pulls.
  8. Ryke and Daisy secretly have a crush on each other.
  9. Scott the evil villain first tries to get Rose to give up her virginity to him.
  10. Scott switches tactics and tries to boost ratings by creating obstacles.
  11. Scott is an asshole.
  12. Rose and Connor continue to be the solid foundation at the house
  13. Connor wants Rose as his submissive in the bedroom.
  14.  Rose wants dominance but doesn’t understand why that falls flat.
  15. Scott is a bigger asshat.
  16. The rest is a secret.

Wrap-Up

Seriously, if you haven’t read the first two books, I think you may have a better time with reading this book.  You won’t have the same prejudices everyone else seems to be having.  I enjoyed it….I gobbled it up.  Now it’s your turn!