Touched by Another (Touch #3) - T.H. Snyder

Touched by Another  - T.H. Snyder

Book – Touched by Another (Touch #3)

Author – T.H. Snyder

Publication Date – January 26, 2014

Type – Part of Series – No Cliffhanger

Genre –Romance

Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author (part of Blog Tour) in exchange for an honest review.

Reading Order

Touch Me (Touch #1) – Char and Riley’s Story

Touched by You (Touch #2) – Chloe and Derrick’s Story

Touched by Another (Touch #3) – Emma and Pete’s Story

You’ve Been Touched (Touch #3.5) – Char and Riley’s Continuation (release Feb 2014)

Synopsis

Lately Emma MacIntyre has been pretending to live the life of a perfect wife while her husband Keith takes control over her family business. With the loss of her parents to a tragic car accident and a fight that causes her brother, Riley, to move out of state Emma chooses to stand by her husband.

While sorting out her parent’s estate, Emma stumbles across a few hidden secrets that she suspects Keith has kept her from. Heartbroken Emma turns to her brother for support, hoping to also rekindle their own broken relationship. During a visit to Boston Emma finds herself reacting to a complete stranger when he is willing to comfort her and listen to her pain.

Is Emma ready to move on with her life and leave the hurt of her failing marriage behind? Will Emma fight the urge to fall once she has been Touched by Another?

This book is recommended for readers 18 years of age and older. It contains adult language and sexual scenes not intended for young readers.

Review

I was utterly captivated when I first started reading this book.  I loved the beginning and following the angst Emma was going through with her husband, Keith.  I kept second guessing what the douche-bag was up to and a few times, I was steered wrong….but when I finally realized what he was doing to double cross Emma, man I wanted nothing but death to be knocking on his door.

I lived through Emma, I felt her pain and the trauma she experienced in life.  The author had a way of drawing me into the story and experience what Emma was going through.  It was amazing……until…..

I’m sorry – I don’t know if I’ve been in a funk lately but I had such high hopes for a 5 Star rating.  I think the second part of the book was a bit too unreal with Emma and Pete’s story.  I get that she deserved a happy experience and I get that both of them were trying to keep everything together as just “friends” but it was all “unicorns and rainbows” for them.  I don’t know of any relationship, whether friendship or lovers who don’t experience a few bumps in the road.

I would have been sold if maybe they just had one “take a second to rethink this” moment between them.

Re-Cap

Emma is married to an asshole…but she has tried everything to keep her marriage together and make everyone in her life happy without ever putting herself first.  Things then start to change in her marriage and Keith is starting to respond to her and Emma starts to believe in love again.

Then a sudden trauma sets Emma and her brother back while Keith takes the reins and heads up the family business.  Again, Emma is full of sadness as she loses her husband to his job and also loses her brother, Riley, for standing by her husband.  Things start to look fishy to Emma and she starts a little digging while Keith is away on business.  What Emma finds is sure to put a wedge between all parties involved.

Fast-forward to divorce and Emma is in Boston to start her life over again.  Riley and Char take Emma under their wings and teach her how to live again by putting herself first.  Pete on the other hand is just coming out of a terrible relationship and can’t stand the sight of any woman….well that is until he sets his eyes on Emma……

Wrap-Up

I loved the beginning…..the second part was OK but all in all it was a good read and I would recommend it to anyone who love a bit of suspense in their romance!