Destiny's Detour - Mari Brown

Publication Date – January 31, 2014

Type – Stand Alone

Genre –Romance, New Adult

Rating – 3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author (for Blog Tour) in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

Heading off to her first year of college, Destiny is ready to take on the world. On the college dance team with her best friend, Amy, all Destiny wants is to have fun, enjoy her college years, and spend time with her older brother, David.

Troy is captain of the football team, sexy, sweet and her brother's best friend. Practically a member of the family, Troy has always been off limits...until now.

One night together changes everything...

A childhood crush turns into more and Destiny has no choice but to grow up sooner than she planned. Will life’s unexpected detours derail her forever? Is there a happily ever after in the cards for Destiny and Troy?

Only time will tell.

Review

Fairy Tale….that’s the word that comes to mind when I think about this book.  When our characters have all the money they need to shop constantly while in college and when everything that happens comes out smelling like roses…..then that is a “Fairy Tale” my friends.

I’m not saying it is a bad thing – it’s just not really my cup of tea or maybe I just wasn’t in the mood for such a sweet, teeth throbbing story.  I did enjoy it and the author was fantastic with her writing and her ability to get the reader to visualize each scene as it happens.

Re-Cap

Destiny starts college and moves in with her brother and his best friend Troy.  Destiny has always had a secret crush on Troy while they were growing up and can’t believe that she just woke up with him naked next to her.  As memories start to resurface, Destiny realizes she just had sex with none other than the star quarterback for their college.

She brushes it off to him as a “Oh well….that was nice and let’s not tell my brother.”  Damn….that just makes Troy lose his mojo because little does Destiny know…Troy has secretly been crushing after her since Junior High.

We follow Destiny and Troy while they make sense of the feelings they have for one another and what the real world keeps throwing at them.

Wrap-Up

Did you ever dream of your “Prince Charming” and your “Fairy Tale” romance?  Do you like books with little to no angst?  How about every life situation doesn’t get any worse than a hangnail?

If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this is definitely the book for you!