More Than Him (More #3) - Jay McLean

More Than Him - Jay McLean

Book – More Than Him (More #3)

Author – Jay McLean

Publication Date – January 28, 2014

Type – Part of Series – No Cliffhanger

Genre –Romance, New Adult

Rating – 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author (part of Release Blitz) in exchange for an honest review.

Reading Order

More Than This (More #1) – Mikey and Jake’s Story

More Than Her (More #2) – Logan and Her’s Story (Part 1)

More Than Him (More #3) – Logan and Amanda’s Story (Conclusion)

More Than Forever (More #4) – Cam and Lucy’s Story – July 2014

Synopsis

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson

We live in a world of darkness and shadows,
where monsters hide and aim to ruin.
And they did.
They ruined us and turned our dreams into nightmares.
But now we're back.
And we're fighting.
Not just for us, or for each other, but for our light.

Review

To start off…..I have to say “WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE, JAY MCLEAN?” Why oh why didn’t I read the first 2 books of the More series?  But Thank All That Is Holy….that I was asked to be part of the Release Blitz and introduced to Jay’s writing capabilities.

I started to read the Prologue and was confused – oh so freakin’ confused – I had to message Feifei (my sweetcakes) to ask her WTF happened at the end of #2 so I could understand what was going on….So my advice to you – READ #2 first!!  It didn’t take long though after Feifei’s summary and Jay’s fantastic ability to write, that I was able to fall headfirst into the lives of Logan and Amanda.

Oh my….Logan – my heart broke and I fell in absolute LOVE with his character – I cheered for him to make his way out of the black hole and rise to the top in order to get his “Person”.  I loved Amanda and the choices she made not only with Logan but with her life in general.  She was a definite true “Heroine” in the NA genre!

Yeah, there were times that I wanted to smack Logan upside his head and yell at him “Get a freakin’ clue, dude.” But what true character doesn’t fuck up every once in awhile.  Our lives would be a merry-go-round instead of the highs and lows of a roller-coaster ride.

I think the most beautiful scene in this book comes when Amanda faces the monster and preaches to him about Logan….my eyes got misty and my heart was going….Thump. Thump. Thump.

“Eleventy-Three Times”

Eleventy-Three times I sniffled while reading Logan’s journal entries.

Eleventy-Three times I sighed at his words to Amanda

Eleventy-Three times my heart saddened hearing about his past and abuse he endured

Eleventy-Three times I broke when Amanda broke

Eleventy-Three times I cheered for Logan and Amanda’s HEA

Eleventy-Three times I want to congratulate Jay McLean on writing a winner!

I can’t say anymore about how much I loved this book….and how connected I felt toward Logan and Amanda….they are the Ultimate Couple!

Re-Cap

Amanda is trying to cope with Logan leaving her after their trauma from the last book.  She is not only battling the demons of Logan leaving but is trying to get through her nightmares and anxiety of reliving that night over and over again.

She deals the best the best she can with the help of her brother and close friends but nothing can take the pain away from the other half of her missing.

Fast forward a year and Logan is back – he wants his “Person” – he wants to give her the universe and he will stop at nothing to fight in order to get her back.

Journey through the tough times Logan has in dealing with his anxiety and fall in love with the path he takes to give Amanda “her universe”.

Wrap-Up

Such a heart-felt book….and how I wished I took this journey from the beginning….Jay – you can add another fan to your list!