Transcendence by Shay Savage

Publication Date – February 14, 2014

Type – Stand-Alone

Genre –Romance

Rating – 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author (part of Release Blitz) in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

It’s said that women and men are from two different planets when it comes to communication, but how can they overcome the obstacles of prehistoric times when one of them simply doesn’t have the ability to comprehend language?

Ehd’s a caveman living on his own in a harsh wilderness. He’s strong and intelligent, but completely alone. When he finds a beautiful young woman in his pit trap, it’s obvious to him that she is meant to be his mate. He doesn’t know where she came from; she’s wearing some pretty odd clothing, and she makes a lot of noises with her mouth that give him a headache. Still, he’s determined to fulfill his purpose in life – provide for her, protect her, and put a baby in her.

Elizabeth doesn’t know where she is or exactly how she got there. She’s confused and distressed by her predicament, and there’s a caveman hauling her back to his cavehome. She’s not at all interested in Ehd’s primitive advances, and she just can’t seem to get him to listen. No matter what she tries, getting her point across to this primitive, but beautiful, man is a constant – and often hilarious – struggle.

With only each other for company, they must rely on one another to fight the dangers of the wild and prepare for the winter months. As they struggle to coexist, theirs becomes a love story that transcends language and time.

Review

Original Blurb Right After Reading

Different.....fun....side splitting....tears.....eye rolling ------ all packed into a story.

Read about Ehd and Beh's life together from the moment Ehd found Beh until they reach the end.  See how Beh has to learn to live in "caveman" days compared to the 21st Century...while Ehd must learn to be patient with his "noisy" mate.

It's adorable ----- but long and about 60% in - I was hoping for either more action or less mundane happenings.  Also, Ehd's thoughts are repetitive (I understand why this is important, but it does border on over excess)

Overall, I didn't even know this was a "fanfiction" book until I was about 25% in and decided to check Goodreads for it.

When I saw the email about the tour....I spotted Shay Savage’s name...and I didn't even blink before I replied that I was in 100%....

I'm not disappointed in the book at all....seeing how early this was first published - you can tell that Ms. Savage has incredible talent.

And....for a book to have me sobbing - I mean HICCUPING SOBBING.....it's a WINNER in my book!

Review After Time to Mull Over Story

That was left 13 days ago and I still can’t get this story out of my head.  I am obsessed with this and continue to remember scenes from the book and stop whatever I am doing to re-cap and either, laugh, sigh, swoon or sniffle.

Shay – you did it!! You have made my top list of reads for the year of 2014….this is a book that will FOREVER hold a place in my heart and in my head!  It is rare that I come across a story that soars above all the rest and falls into the category “something new and exciting”.  It’s different….so different from so many of the other books out there and that is what intrigues me the most.

I LOVED Ehd….he is the most comical, sweet, loving, naïve, heart melting caveman to ever exist!! And trust me….I have met my fair share in life.

“Different” continues to pop back into my mind – the imagination Shay has to write a fan-fiction book like this which is so outside the box of normal thinking – to use Ehd’s POV instead of Beh’s – by using Beh’s POV, I know the story would have fallen short and wouldn’t have had the sentimental value that Ehd’s POV donated to this lovable story.

I kept asking myself throughout the book….why doesn’t Beh teach Ehd to speak – teach him the words so they can communicate without Ehd constantly wondering what all the noise coming from Beh meant? It took me a few days, but I realized how much that impacted the story and the message it contains.  It’s not words which make a loving relationship last….it’s the actions.

And the ending?? Wow – strategically done Ms. Savage!  I feel like I want to break into song from “The Lion King”

My hats off to you Shay for bringing us such an amazing “once in a lifetime” read!

Re-Cap

Ehd is all alone – his family gone and he is barely surviving.  Depression and numbness fills his nights when he thinks he will never find a mate.

That is until he hears a painful noise coming from the area where he dug out a trap.  Going to investigate Ehd finds a woman dressed differently and sounds coming out of her mouth that hurt his ears.

Ehd has one thing on his mind….sex – well really mating – what else do you do with a woman?  Me man – you woman – let’s mate. (Like they do on the Discovery Channel)

We follow Ehd and Beh as they get to know one another and build a solid relationship before Beh allows Ehd to have his way “caveman style”.

Damn….I can’t tell you anymore of the story without writing a novel – so I’m going to leave you with that.

Wrap-Up

Different….I’ll say (type) it again…..DIFFERENT!

A must read!