Hillary: Tail of the Dog (Hillary #1) by Angel Glique

Hillary: Tail of the Dog - Angel Gelique

Book – Hillary: Tail of the Dog (Hillary #1)

Author – Angel Glique

Publication Date – December 31, 2012

Type – Part of Series

Genre – Horror/Dark

Rating – 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

WARNING: This novel contains disturbingly explicit sexual and deviant content that may be considered offensive to some readers, including rape, torture and cannibalism.
_________________________________

Fifteen-year-old Hillary Greyson awakens from a horrific nightmare only to discover that she faces an even grimmer reality. Naked on a bed in an unfamiliar, empty room, she is unable to move her limbs. Worse, she cannot remember who she is. Panic-stricken, Hillary desperately searches her mind for answers, but finds nothing more than fear and confusion.

A man enters the room—a stranger to Hillary. He introduces himself as Dr. Morrison. Seemingly benign, he informs Hillary that she is there for her own good…that she is under his care until she regains her memory. Hillary cannot remember anything, but her instincts warn her not to trust this man who claims to be her doctor. She can only hope that someone will come looking for her…that someone will find her before it is too late.

Several weeks later, Hillary’s situation has grown even more dismal. Still unclothed, coarse ropes bind her limbs to the bed while she is fed intravenously. Two new strangers have entered her life—Monica, Dr. Morrison’s wife, and Dr. Bentley, who claims to be her psychiatrist. Yet they are more evasive than forthcoming. Her questions remain unanswered. She is trapped, with no hope of escaping…left to piece together the mystery of her miserable existence.

Abused and neglected, Hillary knows that with each passing day, her chance of survival diminishes. She spends her long days wasting away, growing depressed…growing angry. When all hope seems lost, a cruel twist of fate provides the opportunity she has been waiting for.

With renewed hope and an unrelenting will to survive, Hillary does whatever it takes to escape. She yearns for her freedom more than anything in the world.

Hillary just wants to go home….

Review

Wow Wow Wow….what a little gem my girls found here!!  I don’t even know how to review this mad-cap of horror and gore.  I can tell you that I couldn’t put it down…my status updates will show you graphics of disgust, head spinning and pure amazement.  Is it possible for a 15 year old girl be as psychotic as Hillary was?  What made her the way she is?  Is this a product of nature vs. nurture or a combination of both?

I have to ask….do you think she really did lose her memory the whole time?  Do you think she was playing nice-nice or really was cooperating and couldn’t remember?  Is a child that young able to be as manipulative and conniving as Hillary was? So many questions – so much information I want to know about Hillary….I want more and more to understand the reason why this child feels the need to mutilate, torture and eat others.

I do feel for her…something in her life made this monster – this monster that has a stomach of steel and a heart of ice.  A child who laughs about the suffering of others, a child who preys on fear – what more can we ask for in a story about horror!

You know…I rooted for her – even after all the atrocities – I fucking rooted for her!  Yeah – Hillary go after the army guy and eat some cannibalistic ass!!

Now – the reason for the ½ star deducted – I have a hard time reading 3rd person POV and there were times that I had to go back and re-read a section because it switches so fast between characters that I was getting confused.  This is mostly my problem because of speed reading.  It didn’t take long though and the story flowed flawlessly!

This author is a genius….you know when you think about horror stories – the first thing that comes to mind is MALE authors ---- oh, the woman’s heart is too soft or filled with too much empathy that there is no way a woman can write a true horror story.

You know what I have to say to those prejudices?  Go fuck yourself…you haven’t read a story by Angel Gelique --- this far surpasses any horror that Stephen King has written – this is raw and this can be non-fiction…that’s what makes it so fucking scary!

My hats off to you Ms. Gelique for sharing such a horrific tale in the mind of a psychopath!