The Innocent Liar by Elizabeth Finn

Publication Date – April 11, 2014

Type – Stand Alone

Genre – Romance/New Adult

Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

A woman hiding from her past, a man lost in his own…

Fiona was desperate to find a life in Jackson, Wyoming, but when a job interview that was supposed to be a sure thing turns ugly, she doubts there’s much hope of it. Eli sees through her lies, and regardless of the favor his father has asked of him, he’s just too stubborn to hire a woman who refuses to even give him her real name.

But there is a reason for everything, and he finds out soon enough her deceptions have a purpose too.

Secrets and lies are nothing to build a relationship on, but their attraction to one another is too intense to ignore. They’re simply magnets pulled together in a situation that should be driving them apart, but Eli has his own ghosts to contend with, and his past leaves him incapable of trusting a woman he can never fully know.

How can they move beyond her lies when the truth is what Eli really needs, and when her past threatens to destroy her, can he rise above his own needs to protect her — his innocent liar?

Review

As always Ms. Finn delivers a kick ass story full of love, angst and suspense.  I loved the sass of Fiona once she became comfortable enough in her surroundings and Eli….OMG….such a LOVABLE ASSHOLE!!

Ms. Finn keeps us on the edge of our seats wondering what the hell Fiona (Fi-Fi, Fido….)is hiding from and what secrets she keeps tightly locked away.  You know what I loved most about this book, is when we do find out what happened in Fiona’s past – even though it was unimaginable horror, we weren’t privy to the graphic descriptions of what exactly happened.  Ms. Finn kept that dark part as light as she could and by achieving this, it didn’t take away from the romance budding between Eli and Fiona.

As much as I hated Eli in the beginning with his douche bag comments and brooding attitude, he actually turned into a lovable, cuddly teddy bear by the end.  And Fiona….don’t even get me started on how strong this chick was – her independence to survive on her own – no matter where she had to go for shelter or food.

Re-Cap

Fiona (is that really her name?) is on the run from something or someone – Eli’s father asks him to give Fiona a job under the table.  Eli hates lies – Fiona is full of lies.  Tempers fly – Tears cascade and feelings are hurt.  Who is this little bombshell who needs Eli’s help?  As Eli and Fiona spend more and more time together the sexual attraction and tension continues to pile up until they are stranded due to the bad weather.  Spindles are broken – Screams are heard and each of them are sexually sated.  Well at least until the next time….

Eli starts opening up to Fiona and in return she tries to tell him everything she can without putting him in danger.  This is the first time Eli has deep feeling of love and vice versa – Can these two have a HEA with both of their pasts hanging over their heads?