The Sordid Promise by Courtney Lane

Type – Stand Alone/Part of Series

Genre – Dark Romance

Rating – 5 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

***Warning: Contains graphic language, frequent graphic sex, violence, and very dark themes.

***First and foremost, The Sordid Promise is a psychological thriller. The erotic elements are secondary. It is not a simple, happy story. This is a twisted, complicated, and broken story.
Please, please read the PREFACE before purchasing.

When physical pain allows you to escape your reality; what do you do when the pain is no longer strong enough to quiet the emotional ache?

Diouana "Nikki" returned to her hometown six months ago to tend to her sick mother. She thought she'd left her "baggage" behind her on the opposite coast, only to find that it never left her side. As her self-destructive thoughts begin to consume her, her mother -- realizing Nikki's torment -- pushes Nikki to complete her last wishes.

Eric Brenton, Nikki's new neighbor, lives in a dark, chaotic world that is easily hidden behind his model good looks and cocky demeanor. Unapologetic about his dirtier intentions, he sets his sights on Nikki with an offer to help her. But his help comes with very unorthodox conditions and a huge price.

And Eric...comes with an extensive black box warning label.

Review

I don’t even know how to start this review because even after a few days of finishing it….my mind is completely fucked up.  I can only say – “Now this is the way a MIND FUCK should be written”.

I questioned constantly what the hell was going on…..I thought one thing but then it shifted to another scenario and then right back to where I started.

This book will have you constantly second guessing what the hell is going on and who is the bad guy – who to believe – who to trust and who the hell is everyone!!

I loved it – right after I completed the book I sent a message to Ms. Lane and it read:

Dear Ms. Lane,

I want to start this out by giving you a round of applause while I sink to my knees and worship the ground you walk on.

It has been such a long time that a book has left me speechless and emotionally drained.

This book was fan-f'ing-tastic! I don't have any other words and hopefully I will be able to get my feelings in order to write my review tonight.

Beautiful - phenomenal work - your writing style, your character development and imagery are perfection!

Your new avid fan
Carol

I think this sums up my feelings exactly and there is no way in HELL that I am going to leak anything out about this story…..there aren’t words to describe or summarize the characters and do the story the right amount of justice it deserves.

The only advice I can give is to pick this book up – clear your mind and get ready to go on a journey of total fuck-up-ped-ness!!

BRAVO Ms. Lane!