The Exchange Part 1 by N. Isabelle Blanco

The Exchange Part 1 (Project Sapphire) - N. Isabelle Blanco

Book – The Exchange Part 1 (Project Sapphire #1)

Author – N. Isabelle Blanco

Publication Date – April, 2014

Type – Part of Series

Genre – Romance, Sci-Fi

Rating – 4 ½ out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

[THE FIRST INSTALLMENT IN THE PROJECT SAPPHIRE SCI-FI/ EROTICA SERIES]

Project Sapphire: The World’s first AI. A top-secret project exposed to a select group of scientists. Lei Heaton, a man desperate to save his daughter, is at the top of the bionics empire. He not only hired the team to repair his daughter’s damaged body, he plans to reanimate her dead mind using the Sapphire AI.

A dangerous man—a killer that is no regular human…

Maxwell Landon—codename: Deimos—is the Adelphi Organization’s top agent. His M.O is simple: Never fail. He's used to annihilating anyone that gets in his way. But this time, he's being called to protect and deliver. Deimos is aware that this mission won't be like any other. Then he lays eyes on the resurrected Ms. Heaton, and instantly he knows:

That is not Magdalena Heaton.

And he will never be the same again.

Control, his most prized possession, is ripped from him with a single glance...

The violent attraction he feels for the girl complicates matters immediately. But what Deimos doesn't know is that things are about to get much worse. Sapphire isn't just a completely different person than the dead Ms. Heaton—she's the AI miracle of the century. An advancement that many would kill to own.

Including himself, no matter how hard he fights against it.

A girl determined to protect her creator. A man determined to protect her...

Despite the fact that she is not Magdalena, Sapphire is bent on taking her place as Mr. Heaton's daughter in order to keep her creator safe. Deimos knows that he has to honor her wish. But the thing inside him is demanding more. More than a touch. A lot more than a taste. It responds to everything about her...every stuttered breath that lets him know she wants him as much as he wants her.

How does he walk away when he knows that no matter how far he is from her, she’ll always be in danger and he'll always hunger for her?

Review

To be honest, when Ms. Blanco approached me to read and review this book, I was a bit hesitant because this is definitely out of my normal genre, but while reading I was instantly reminded of ‘The Hyde’ series and that was all it took – I was hooked.

My only complaint is that it was too short and I wanted more by the time I got to the last page.  Now I’m going to be waiting with baited breath for the next book in the series.  Another little problem I had was the beginning was a bit difficult to understand with all the talk of robotics and bionics but it is necessary to set the story up between Deimos and Sapphire and what difficulties are awaiting them.  Once you get to the part of Deimos seeing Magdalena for the first time…wow…that’s when the story picks up and the real action starts.

Not only does this book have tons of action – fighting off bad guys, running, hiding, murder and such…but the attraction between Deimos and Sapphire is fucking hawt!!  Deimos lives with a constant hard-on for the girl and acts like she is drug and he is jonsing for his next fix – it kinda adds some humor in there thinking of this big hulking bad guy – brought down to his knees by a little spit fire.

This is the first book I have read by Ms. Blanco but it definitely will NOT be my last….she has me already jonsing for what happens next…..just hope I don’t have to wait too long for it!

Recap

Magdalena is dead but Sapphire lives.  The daughter of a very important man, Mr. Heaton decides he can’t live without his daughter and has her rebuilt with bionics and the brain of a computer – the problem is that the personality is Sapphire but has the memories of Magdalena.

Deimos is hired to deliver Magdalena from the doctor who built Sapphire and deliver her to her father…but someone knows how valuable Magdalena is and either wants her dead or captured.  Throw into this mix the sexual attraction that Deimos is trying to control – along with his ‘caveman’ tendencies when his friend starts to show interest in Sapphire too…..and damn you have a story that has your heart racing.