Torrent (Condemned #1) by Gemma James

Torrent - Gemma James

Book – Torrent (Condemned #1)

Author – Gemma James

Publication Date – July 22, 2014

Type – Part of Series

Genre – Dark

Rating – 4 ½ out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

She sent an innocent man to prison. Now, eight years later, he's returning the favor...

I’ve been obsessed with Rafe Mason since I was thirteen. The twisted part of this story is that I still want him, even now.

Now that he's holding me captive on an island.

Rafe has his reasons for doing what he's doing, and if I'm honest, I can't blame him. I’m the girl who sent him to prison for a heinous crime he didn't commit.

But now he's free and the tables have turned...now he's the one driven by obsession.

TORRENT is a new adult dark romance with disturbing themes and explicit content that includes sexual situations and violence. Intended for adult readers 18+ only. If you are easily offended by dark subject matter, this story is probably not for you. Part one of the CONDEMNED series. This is not a stand-alone read. Approximately 43,500 words.

Review

Wow…now that was some fucked up shit!!  I kept waiting and waiting for the softer side of DARK to rear its angelic face…but HELL NO!  This one kept me on the edge of my seat and ended with my desire for more!  Now off the next question…..when can I get more?

I enjoyed Ms. James writing abilities and the words flowed impeccably, so much so, that I felt I was watching the scenes play out in my head – she does have a fantastic capacity of imagination with her descriptions.

This ends in the most mind bending cliffhanger that I can’t function until I find out what happens next with Rafe and Alex.

Re-Cap

Alex has a secret – in fact she has many and these aren’t the type of secrets which produce giggles, these are the ones that hurt and can kill.  She lives day by day haunted with the lies she told and the nightmare that she calls “brother”.

Then comes the day where her lies and secrets show up at her door and HE won’t be happy until he learns the truth and exacts his revenge.

Wrap-Up

Gripping, mind bending, fantastical journey through the revenge of a man brought unfairly to justice against the girl who put him there.