Clinging to Rapture (Rapture #2) by Megan D. Martin

Clinging to Rapture - Megan D. Martin

Book – Clinging to Rapture (Rapture #2)

Author – Megan D. Martin

Publication Date – July 28, 2014

Type – Part of Series

Genre – Romance

Rating – 4 ½ out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

“I let you walk away, Julia. I let you go, but I can still take you back if I want.”

Four months ago I ran away. I left him behind. The man who stalked me, took control of my body, and claimed he loved me.

Now he’s returned. Like dripping razor blades, he has slashed his way back into my life. But everything is different.

He doesn’t want me anymore.

I expected him to come back, to be sorry. I even planned to forgive him. I should have known that he would discard me like everyone else in my life. But I’m going to change that.

My billionaire stalker has come to say goodbye…only this time I plan to keep him.

Review

Ms. Martin does it again…she takes us on a thrilling and erotic ride through the life of Julia and Cole.  This time though…she has added suspense, mystery and murder to the mix.  As we get deeper and deeper into the relationship between Julia and Cole the more problems that exist for them.  Someone doesn’t want them together and will go to extremes to keep them apart.

This is so different from the first book – we get to see more into Julia’s psyche and Cole’s POV while he flashbacks to first meeting Julia up till the present.  This time it was nice to see a softer side to Julia and it was easier to connect with her as a person.

I enjoyed finding out how Cole went about stalking Julia in the first book and learning about his past with his psycho mother and fiancé.

But again we end with a cliffhanger…..

Re-Cap

We pick up about 4 months after Julia walks out on Cole after he reveals the truth.  Julia’s life has crumbled around her and the last person she expects to see is Cole – especially with another woman claiming to be his fiancé.

Cole has come to say ‘good-bye’ but then suddenly Julia’s life is threatened, she is almost murdered and Cole is back in her life.  He won’t let any harm come to her and brings her right back into the folds of his life.

Cole and Julia try to fight the feelings that are still so strong between them while trying to stay alive.  Who keeps stalking her and are their threats serious enough for Julia to walk away from Cole again?