Vanquished (Deliver #2) by Pam Godwin

Vanquish - Pam Godwin

Book – Vanquish (Deliver #2)

Author – Pam Godwin

Publication Date – August 25, 2014

Type – Part of Series but can be read as a Stand-Alone

Genre – Romance/Dark

Rating – 5 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

Her life is like a prison cell.
A self-made, to-hell-with-the-free-world existence that locks from the inside.
Stop judging. Her agoraphobia doesn’t define her. It simply keeps her safe.

He belongs in a prison cell.
The 6x8, make-me-your-bitch variety that locks from the outside.
But he’s free. To hunt. To take. To break.
And he just found a sexy new toy.

Capturing her is the easy part. Her fucked-up mind, however, makes him question everything he does next.
But he’s a determined bastard. If all goes his way, this will hurt like hell.

Warning: Graphic sex and violence. Age 18+ only
It is recommended to read after Deliver, but it can be read as a stand-alone.

Review

If you remember correctly…when my angels and I read Deliver – I was the only one who loved Liv.  Even though my love for Liv’s character was extreme, nothing compared to the feelings I had for Van.  In the beginning, Van was hated…I mean I despised the man and the smug attitude he had.  It wasn’t until I got his whole story, that my heart bled for him.

Now with Vanquished….Holy Shit…I was floored.  Ms Godwin does it again – she captivated me – mesmerized me and captured my heart with Van and Amber.

It was so easy to connect with both of these characters and I’m telling the honest truth when I say that I didn’t want this book to end.

I can’t even find the words to express my true emotions after reading this book.  I’ve put off writing a review until I was able to put my feelings together, but I’m sorry, it was impossible.  My head is still reeling from how accurate Amber was written and the 360 Van did!!

Word to describe this book = WOW

Re-Cap

It’s been a year since Van disappeared and he is on a mission – stalking Liv nightly from an abandoned house on the porch.  But see, it really isn’t abandoned…instead it is occupied by Amber…a total knock out – ex beauty queen – agoraphobic – OCD ----- oh and so many other fucked up problems I can’t list.

Van suddenly decides to change his tactic and plans on breaking Amber but things start to happen and it seems that Amber has the ability to make Van a better person.

Wrap-Up

I’m so happy that Van finally got his book and got to tell his whole story…does he get a HEA? Is it even possible for him to be happy or does he get his vengeance on Liv?

This is definitely a book I would recommend to everyone who loves a bit of taboo that switches on you!