Fate's Love by LA Cotton

Fate's Love - L.A. Cotton

Book – Fate’s Love (Fate’s Love #1)
Author – L.A. Cotton
Publication Date – September 30, 2014
Genre – Romance/New Adult

Type – Companion Series
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis

When you meet that one person in the world meant for you... you should hold onto them.

Olivia Bannon walked away.

Twice.

When 17-year-old Livy meets Ethan, she can’t deny their inexplicable connection. Lost in his dark, intense eyes and smile-to-die-for, Livy never thought she would feel like this. It almost makes her want to break her childhood vow, but Livy knows happily ever after is just an illusion, and despite her heart wanting Ethan, her head is telling her to stick with the plan. The one that doesn’t include falling in love. Period.

Eight years later, Livy finds herself back in her hometown. After the way she left things, the last time they were together, Livy is anxious about seeing Ethan again. It shouldn’t come as a shock to discover he has finally moved on—but it hurts. A lot. Accepting that she will never get the chance to put things right isn’t easy, but it’s not until life comes crashing down around her that Livy realizes what she could’ve had. Left broken, alone, and depressed, only one person can pull her out—the guy she thought she'd pushed away one too many times.

Livy has finally realized that you can’t fight fate… Some things are just meant to be. Is this finally her time to get it right, or has Livy missed her last chance with Ethan?

My Thoughts - Story
So many times I wanted to bang my head against the wall and strangle the hell out of Livy.  Couldn’t she see a good thing when it was standing right in front of her eyes?  I wanted the shake the shit out of her or at least send a hitman and take Ethan for myself.

And Ethan? OMG – I was torn between getting pissed at him for setting himself up repeatedly for heart break and patting him on the back for his stubbornness when it came to Livy.

I felt myself so many times through the story getting ready to throw the book because how many times can you be rejected before you realize that it’s just not worth it anymore?

My Thoughts – Writing Style

Spectacular writing style and content by a debut author with smooth flow and very few to no editing errors.  Ms. Cotton’s ability to pull the reader into the story is flawless along with her character development.

Re-Cap
Livy went through and experienced a lot of things in her youth that soiled her view of love and relationships.  Watching her parents, her friends and others around her get burnt over and over by loved ones; turn Livy off from ever wanting a relationship for herself.

Never in a million years did Livy think a teenage boy would make her question the goals she set for herself nor would he continue to make her second guess her decisions for 8 years.

Reason for Reading – Author Request

Heroine/Personality – Livy/Headstrong, Annoying at times

Hero/Personality – Ethan/Sweet, Caring & Loving

HEA (Spoiler) - [spoiler]Yes[/spoiler]

Would Read More from Author? Yes

Recommend To – Readers who like angst and romances that are a roller-coaster of emotions