So Much More by Taryn Plendl

So Much More (The Chrome Series Book 1) - Taryn Plendl

Book – So Much More (Chrome Series #1)
Author – Taryn Plendl
Publication Date – June 8, 2014
Genre – Romance/New Adult
Type – Companion Series
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by Author in exchange for an honest review through the GReat Buddy Read.

Synopsis

Avery Moore writes about romance, but she sure as hell doesn’t live it. Blake Patterson has no trouble getting women, in fact as the owner of a popular club, women are practically throwing themselves at him.

They couldn’t be further from each other’s type, but when a solid friendship is formed, little by little the lines become blurred.

In this struggle between friendship and love, the desire between them becomes too much to resist.

What happens when your friend suddenly becomes So Much More?

My Thoughts - Story
We received this book to read through Great Buddy Read and had a blast going through the emotions while reading.

I enjoyed this book and thought the friend to lovers romance was compiled perfectly – I found it easy to connect to Blake and Avery…well, that is until toward the end when the two of them brought in extra angst that just didn’t belong.

I loved how Ms. Plendl brought in an awkward sex scene that was true to life…breaking out of the mold of big dicks, perfect thrusts and orgasms on demand!

My Thoughts – Writing Style
Ms. Plendl has a knack with short stories and fitting in tons of emotions between the pages of a short story.  The way this book was written, I quickly connected with the main characters along with the secondary ones.

The flow was impeccable and the only problem I found was the a bit over the top angst toward the end.

Re-Cap
Avery and Blake quickly become friends through their best buddies.  Doing everything together, Blake opens up Avery’s horizons on life and he weaves a place directly in her heart.

As they get closer, they try and deny what is happening between them – shit happens, they exchange words and walk away from each other.  Are they really happy apart from each other? Can someone else fill the void in their heart?

Reason for Reading – GReat Buddy Read
Heroine/Personality – Avery/Independent-Oblivious
Hero/Personality – Blake/Cute and also Oblivious
HEA (Spoiler) - [spoiler]Yes[/spoiler]
Would Read More from Author? Yes
Recommend To – Readers who like a cute/short read about friendship that blossoms into more